Online Coding Instructor Intern
Positions Open: 4
Hourly Rate: We will meet the market rate
Summer 2021 internship applications are open now. Join us for a unique 6-8 weeks paid internship that offers personal and professional development.
At Progressive Kids, we strive to make difference in your child’s future through coding programs. We are dedicated to developing a programming curriculum that is age-appropriate and fun. Our mini projects and exercises teach kids programming skills as well as how to implement them in real-time coding. We partner with various schools and community colleges to offer ours programs in Bay Area.
As Progressive Kids intern, you will be working alongside with lead instructor to guide students in writing code and debugging any issue in their project. This intern position will provide you the opportunity to learn coding languages like Python, C++, Java, Unity Game Design as well as web design skills.
- Though we expect all contractors to be well qualified for their jobs they are assigned, we will provide training to help them understand our course material and the flow of classes.
- All classes will be online, instructors should be efficient in handling Zoom meetings.
- The instructor will assist students to fix their code and keep track of classroom attendance and help kids during the class.
- Responsible to help kids in person if they have any code issues or need more explanation to understand the code.
- Keep alert all time to make sure that kids are not distracted and following the lesson.
- Candidate must be a student of Under Graduate/ Graduate college in CS, Math or Science field with some experience in programming.
- Candidate must be fast learner,
- Experience in online teaching to kids is a big plus.
- Consistency and reliability – showing up on time and taking responsibility.
- Patience, a love of learning, and a sense of humor
- California USA candidates only. Bay area is preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Unity Game design is a big plus.